At Luna, we care deeply about your privacy. We believe that privacy is a fundamental human right, and this belief is ingrained in our product and our processes. We strive to be as transparent as possible with how we handle your data. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Luna only processes information which is sent directly to it, via bot mentions or slash commands. Luna does not store or log other messages or information about your Slack activity. Luna does not access past or archived messages.
Luna stores two fields relating to your Slack Team, Team ID and Access Token in order to authenticate with Slack. Luna does not store any personal user data.
We only request Bot level Slack permissions, which means we have no authority to access detailed user information or perform actions on behalf of users. These are the specific permissions we request and how we use them:
- commands - Create slash commands to interact with Luna
- chat:write - Send messages as @Luna, reply to user actions
- chat:write.public - @Luna can reply in all channels
- app_mentions:read - Respond to messages directed at @Luna
- users:read - Lookup the timezone of your team mates you include in your messages to Luna
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. The only third parties that we share data with are secure and we only share what’s required. We use the following third parties to run our website and app:
- Vercel: is a cloud platform for static sites and Serverless Functions. Our Website is hosted on Vercel and Luna Slack app runs entirely on Vercel serverless functions.
- MongoDB Atlas: is a fully-managed cloud database developed by MongoDB. It has the best-in-class automation and proven practices guarantee availability, scalability, and compliance with the most demanding data security and privacy standards.
Effective date: June 20, 2020